NKV-550 Series Ventilator System New
Treasure Every Breath
Nihon Kohden’s core philosophy inherent in the design of the NKV-550 is to Treasure Every Breath. Our focus is to provide clinically relevant innovations and solutions for patients requiring mechanical ventilation.
The NKV-550 Series Ventilator System is a neonatal through adult mechanical ventilator equipped with a comprehensive array of clinically proven modalities and features, the NKV-550 provides the clinician a customizable platform to help improve the patient's outcome while reducing hospital costs.
- Adult, pediatric, and neonatal (tidal volumes down to 2ml).
- Comprehensive modes and breath types.
- Invasive ventilation, non-invasive ventilation, and O2 therapy.
- Gentle Lung® package for lung protection applications.
- Protective Control® for contagious disease applications and radiologic procedure applications.
- Airway care apps (inline airway suction app, open airway suction app).
- Built-in SpO2 and CO2 monitors.
- Nihon Kohden connectivity (bedside and central monitors).
- Auxiliary pressure monitor.
Seamless Care: Every Patient – Every Breath
The NKV-550 gives clinicians the tools to provide respiratory support for all patient sizes. Patients can be transitioned throughout the continuum of care quickly, between invasive or non-invasive ventilation and high flow oxygen therapy without changing equipment or breathing circuits.
Recruitability Assessment App: helps you determine if the patient lungs are recruitable.
Recruitment Maneuver App: may be used to automatically perform a lung recruitment maneuver using the stepwise increase in PEEP technique.
PEEP Titration App: will decrease PEEP in a stepwise manner. At the end of the maneuver, the app will indicate the lowest PEEP that provides the highest lung compliance.
Transpulmonary Pressure App: monitors the transpulmonary pressure to help individualize a lung-protective treatment strategy.
Integrated Monitoring: Cap-ONE and BluPRO.
With the NKV-550, patients can be transitioned seamlessly between invasive and non-invasive ventilation and high flow oxygen therapy and are designed for use with all patient sizes.
The NKV-550 is created on the lung-protective approach to ventilation and features the Gentle Lung® Suite of applications to provide clinically relevant, easy to use tools for the open-lung approach to ventilation.
Protective Control provides the clinician a safe, fully functional second user interface to easily implement needed ventilator setting changes when treating patients with contagious diseases or who are undergoing a radiologic procedure while remaining within sight of the clinician.
The NKV-550 can transfer critical patient ventilation data to the hospital information system for charting and/or data analytics purposes.
The NKV-550 offers customizable screen configurations enabling the ventilator to fit into your paradigm rather than require you to adapt to it. Our App-based design provides guided processes to help create a more streamlined, systematic way for clinicians to optimize the care of their ventilated patients.
Reduced Cost of Ownership
The NKV-550 requires simple, low-cost preventative maintenance every two years.
- Recruitability assessment.
- Recruitment maneuver.
- PEEP titration.
- Transpulmonary pressure.
- Volumetric capnography.
- Spontaneous breathing trial.
- SpO2 monitoring.
- End-tidal CO2 monitoring.
- Video and screen capture.
- NIF/PiMax maneuver.
- P0.1 measurement.
- Low-flow PV maneuver.
- Secondary user interface.
- Aerogen USB nebulizer.
- Integrated medical air compressor.
- Pendant or shelf mount.
- Rolling trolley.
- Gas cylinder holder for intrahospital transport.
- Two (2) USB ports.
- Nurse call.
- Physiologic monitors.
- 100 – 240V 50/50 Hz A/C.
- 50-minute internal battery*.
- 130-minute hot-swappable backup battery.