Central Nursing Station CNS-9101
Intuitive, reliable, flexible central monitoring system
Comprehensive monitoring and patient management
Central stations must display comprehensive patient information from bedside monitors in a simple and effective manner for in-depth analysis and in order to increase workflow productivity.
Nihon Kohden Central Nursing Stations (CNS-9101 and CNS-6201) are a powerful solution designed to ensure simplicity and ease of use. The Central Nursing Station offers multiple review windows, plus an optional dual-display screen that operates separately and displays different sets of information. In addition, the ec1 arrhythmia analysis software helps reduce of false alarms without compromising patient safety.
Options to suit diverse needs
Nihon Kohden’s Central Nursing Stations (CNS) are available in two versions. The CNS-6201 optionally comes with dual wide displays that operate independently, enabling up to 32 patients to be monitored simultaneously. The CNS-9101, meanwhile, has two 24” displays for monitoring up to 48 patients.
- A large, clearly arranged display with flexible use of a touchscreen or mouse with keyboard allows for simple, easy, and intuitive operation.
- Solid state drive for faster access time and less frequent need for replacement.
- 3 types of networking composition – wired, mixed, wireless.
The Central Nursing Station offers a time-synchronized review function for the quick, accurate analysis of live and recent patient data. Consequently, it is possible to review full disclosure waveforms, tabular and graphical trends simultaneously in different review windows.
Vital signs and numerical data
- Trend graphs of 4 parameters and 2 events of the last 72 hours.
- CNS-9101 allows for selection of 1, 8, 24, 72 or 120 hours for the trend graph display width, with zoom-in and zoom-out feature.
- Tabular trends of numerical data for the last 72 hours.
- Flexible screen layouts for any number of patients.
- Up to 256 hemodynamic measurements in 8 rows per screen.
- Vital signs window in CNS-9101 allows for up to 56 data units; up to 112 data units can be reviewed in total.
- The numerical data window displays up to 15 parameters (maximum). If an alarm occurs for a parameter that is not displayed, the displayed parameter changes to the alarmed parameter and is highlighted.
Arrhythmia recall and ST recall
- Up to 768 eight-second arrhythmia episodes for each patient can be stored and reviewed.
- Up to 4320 ST recall files that have been created at specified intervals can be saved. 7 files can be displayed simultaneously.
- 72 hours full disclosure for 6 waveforms can be stored and reviewed for each patient with an optional program kit.
- CNS-9101 enables one-click sorting of the arrhythmia list by event or time, and items can be marked to be deleted or printed as required.
- CNS-9101 creates ST recall files at regular intervals; the lead position and sensitivity can also be changed.
ECG and alarm history
- 12-lead ECG analysis waveform, average waveform, comparison waveforms and analysis reports from the bedside monitor can be displayed (optional).
- CNS-9101 has additional features such as click-to-switch for ECG analysis waveforms and average waveforms, and an ability to display ECG results at beside monitors or the Central Nursing Station. It can also save up to 64 files.
- Alarm history window displays the file list with report; the latest 1,000 alarm files can be saved for each bed.
- Alarm events window can display 72-hour alarm lists for 8 patients at the same time.
- 3 types of alarm displays include vital sign, arrhythmia, and technical alarms.
- CNS-9101 helps to select the level and type of alarm and sort the alarm list by time, level, parameter, or description.
The Central Nursing Station is fast and simple to use.
- Any setting can be changed by simply touching the parameter on the intuitive touch-screen.
- Up to 7 function keys at the bottom of the screen can be assigned to frequently-used screens for instant access.
The Central Nursing Station offers ec1 arrhythmia analysis that can efficiently reduce false arrhythmia alarms. Alarm levels for up to 8 patients are shown on the multi-patient limits screen, so you can check and change alarm settings for a particular patient.
- 3 types of alarms – advisory, warning and crisis for different types of vital signs, arrhythmia, or technical issues.
- Status of technical alarms within the last hour readily available allowing all staff to easily provide effective care – green for less than 10, yellow for 10-29 and red for more than 30 alarms in the last hour.
- Alarm escalation feature – allows escalation of technical and vital sign alarms to higher priority, and increases patient safety.
- Optional alarm indicator on the top of the display that can be easily seen from a distance. Blinking or steady light and color indicate patient’s condition (red for crisis, orange for warning).
- Minimum and maximum volume can be adjusted in accordance with the care environment.
Optional features and accessories
The Central Nursing Station provides some advantageous optional features for progressive monitoring.
- Optional multiple patient receiver unit that receives wireless signals from transmitters and sends these signals to the Central Nursing Station.
- HL7 Gateway connects the Life Scope network to the hospital or clinical information system (HIS, CIS).
- NetKonnect permits review of real-time patient data and history anytime, anywhere from your PC via a web browser.
- ViTrac is a viewer software that allows access to real-time monitoring information on multiple patients anytime, anyplace on your iPad or iPhone.
Life Scope Network