Improving efficiency through flexible workflow management
One of the biggest challenges facing healthcare today is incorporating the latest IT solutions into existing clinical infrastructure. Relevant medical data must be available in the right format to the right people – allowing them to perform their duties efficiently while ensuring regulatory compliance. Nihon Kohden’s polaris.one software is designed to help cardiology and neurology professionals meet these demands. The polaris.one platform is made to scale – from stand-alone installations for private practitioners to enterprise-scale solutions implemented by major healthcare organisations.
- Main views in the user interface offer a list of patients, a list of recordings, and a to-do with calendar functionality for appointments (a worklist).
- A multitude of data fields is available for each view in order to access patient data, record data, and additional information in regards to the medical condition or the workflow, for example.
- Data fields can be relabeled (in order to re-purpose them) or hidden for everyone or individual tenants.
- The fields shown in the lists can be defined individually by each user.
- The user interface controls are shown/ hidden depending on the user rights of the currently logged in user account.
- Quick filter for each list to reduce the displayed list content.
- Radio button filters can be combined in any way to include selected record types (ECG, EEG, EMG/EP, IOM), all patients/current patient, and year of examination.
- Time filter to reduce visible database content down to the data that is currently important (last x days).
- Custom filters: Any database fields can be combined into a logical statement using a simple chain of AND / OR rules. Each user can define these filters for himself or can publish them for use by other users as well.
- Mandatory data for patient creation is patient ID, last name, first name, date of birth, and gender.
- Patient data can be retrieved via the HL7- or GDT/BDT- interface.
- Patient ID can be automatically generated if none is given.
- For manual patient ID input, a custom syntax pattern can be enforced.
- The duplicate-check functionality scans the database for potential duplicate database entries of the same patient when manually entering patient data.
- Data fields available for patient related data are: Patient ID, last name, first name, middle name, birth name, title, date of birth, gender, street, city, postal code, phone no., mobile no., e-mail, handedness, anamnesis, allergies, patient comment, insurance no, insurance, custom, ambulant/stationary, clinic, directorate, division, visit no., and order no.
Medical record view – features
- Any data of the supported Nihon Kohden medical devices is supported by polaris.one (see “Compatibility” chapter). • Records can be opened, deleted, tagged as reviewed/ confirmed, moved, commented, assigned and reassigned to patients, exported, or copied.
- Report documents can be created for any neurology record via using a flexible design in NeuroReport, the dedicated report engine for neurology from Nihon Kohden. The final format for the reports is PDF.
- Data fields available for complimentary information are: Patient data as listed above, ambulant/ stationary, clinic, directorate, division, visit no., order no., recording no., recording date, technician, reviewing doctor, confirming doctor, requesting doctor, surgeon, surgical procedure, anesthesiologist, date of report, record comment, test type, device type, clinical problem, clinical information, diagnosis, and custom 1-3.
All records can be manually exported in their original Nihon Kohden data format or in non-proprietory formats (see connectivity for a list of export formats).
All mobile clients (most notably neurology acquisition systems) can go offline and reconnect to the network at any time. All currently important data is mirrored between the server and the client database.
- PDF view of finalised report documents directly inside the application.
- Viewers for ECG, EEG, EMG/ EP, and IOM data can be launched directly by clicking on the entry in the record list.
Viewer software for medical data
- For all supported Nihon Kohden devices, polaris.one supports the matching PC-based viewer software.
- List of Viewer-Programs for EEG-data: Neurofax EEG, EEG Focus, Besa Epilepsy, Besa Research, MultiView, Polysmith, and EEG Trend.