Simple operation and intelligent analysis
Easy operation and efficient workflow are the foundations of Nihon Kohden’s Cardiofax M electrocardiogram. With its large 7-inch color display, data can be viewed easily and allows ECG preview before recording. Cardiofax M supports paper-based and paperless workflows, enabling both waveform and analysis results to be transferred to a PC for review.
Nihon Kohden’s breakthrough technology supports clinicians in testing more patients with enhanced information available from analysis. With synECi18 technology, Cardiofax M provides 18-lead ECG information from a 12-lead ECG, optimizing patient safety and functioning as a great triage tool.
- Easy-to-view color LCD: The 7-inch color backlit LCD makes viewing both 12-lead ECG waveform and data at the same time easier. The adjustable display provides smooth operation and enhanced visibility, plus enhanced user experience with an on screen guide function.
- Simple data entry: Equipped with alphanumeric keys for identifying and easily entering patient’s information. The barcode reader and magnetic card reader support fast entry of patient information, without human errors.
- Electronic recording: Preview function allows waveforms to be checked and results analyzed before recording. In paperless mode, waveform and analysis results can be transferred to a PC for review.
- Smooth data transfer: Up to 400 ECG files can be stored in the internal memory. Approximately 3,000 ECG files can be stored on an SD memory card. There is also the capability to transfer ECG data to a PC using LAN or W-LAN; DICOM output is supported as well. Information may also be stored in PDF format.
- Advanced 12-lead ECG analysis: Cardiofax M includes Nihon Kohden’s latest interpretation program, ECAPS12C. This provides simultaneous 12-lead ECG acquisition of up to 24 seconds, plus analysis with approximately 200 findings and five judgment categories. ECAPS12C can also find typical waveforms of Brugada-type ECG.
- Breakthrough synECi18 technology:
- Developed by Nihon Kohden, synECi18 provides 18-lead ECG information from a standard 12-lead ECG through synthesis of the additional leads V3R to V5R and V7 to V9, to help identify invisible ischemia.
- Diagnostic inaccuracy may cause harmful delays, especially if presentation is not typical or initial 12-lead ECG is negative. Timely ischemia detection with synECi18 may preven myocardial damage or shorten time to percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) indication.
- Particularly in emergencies, synECi18 is regarded as a useful triage tool to enhance outcomes through early recognition and stratification. With the same workload and cost as for standard ECG procedures, patient safety is optimized and time to reperfusion may be reduced.
- High-performance compliance with IEC 60601-2-25:2011: Cardiofax M complies with the IEC60601-2-25:2011 standard, which indicates high accuracy of signal processing (AC filtering), ECG measurement, and ECG analysis. It therefore supports accurate ECG diagnosis.