Measurement Cautions and Limitations
- Do not measure NIBP with PWTT on a neonate because circulatory kinetics of a neonate change rapidly.
- In the following cases, PWTT triggered NIBP measurement may trigger too often or fail to trigger.
- Rapid blood pressure change due to vasoactive drugs, such as phenylephrine and nicardipine
- Unstable pulse wave due to poor peripheral circulation
- Too many arrhythmias
- Patient movement or change of body position
- Noise on ECG due to ESU
- SpO2 measurement on foot of pediatric
- Do not decrease the frequency of periodic NIBP measurement when using PWTT. Set the frequency of periodic NIBP measurement to the normal setting you would use if you were not using PWTT.